Samsung Galaxy M12, Rooting is one of those trendy techniques that help you make the best out of your smartphones. It is a process that gives privileged control over the Android kernel.
Rooting can be a very tedious and tech-savvy procedure, but you don’t need to worry, we have got your back! In this article, we are going to discuss the various rooting processes, you may opt for while trying to root Samsung Galaxy M12. So stay tuned with us on this article, to get all the details within precise explanations.
About Galaxy M12
All the smartphones of the Samsung Galaxy M series have set benchmarks for all the companies in terms of the kind of performance they are designed to deliver. Here in this section, we will be looking at the basic specifications of the Samsung Galaxy M12.
|Device Name||Galaxy M12|
|Display||6.50 inches 90 Hz IPS LCD Display|
Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels
Aspect Ratio: 18.5:9
|Camera||Rear: 48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Camera Setup|
Front: 8 MP
|Launch Date||April 30 2021|
Pre-Requirements to root Samsung Galaxy M12
Now there are many things you need to check about your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone, before proceeding with the Rooting process to ensure that you don’t run into any problem.
- Full Battery: Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone is fully charged, otherwise there is a high chance of getting stuck in the mid-way during Rooting if the process took a little longer than usual to complete.
- Backup: Take a full backup of your data from the device to ensure that you don’t lose your data even if things go wrong.
- Custom Recovery: Install a Custom Recovery, like OrangeFox Recovery Project (OFRP), Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), Sky Hawk Recovery Project (SWRP), etc. More or less, all of these tools are similar, still, for the best results, we suggest you use TWRP or OFRP only.
- Unlock the Bootloader: Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times repeatedly > Go back to the main menu of Settings > Developer options > OEM Unlock > Done!
- Please note that all the steps down below are given for rooting Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphones only. These methods may not work for some other smartphone and you may run into some problems.
(Method 1) to Root Galaxy M12
Let’s see the first method you can opt to Root your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone:
- Download and Install Samsung USB Driver on your Laptop or PC setup, from their official website (Recommended).
- Download and Install ODIN software, and select your respective Android OS version in the list of ODIN.
- Download the latest versions of Magisk.Zip, RMM state Bypass, TWRP.img, and noverity-opt-encrypt.
- Copy them all to your SD Card.
- Flashing RMM state Bypass would avoid automatic OEM lock in the future after rooting.
- Download the TERP.tar file to your laptop or PC setup.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy M12 phone and press the Volume Down+ Power Button to enter Boot Mode. Connect your phone with your PC using a USB cable.
- Launch ODIN on PC.
- Add your Samsung galaxy M12 to the ODIN list.
- Browse to the location where you saved TWRP on your PC inside the ODIN.
- Also, untick the “Auto-Reboot” in the ‘Options’ tab.
- Click on “Start”.
- Reboot the device on finishing.
(Method 2) to Root Galaxy M12 using Magisk
In this case, we will use the Magisk root method to root your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone.
- Download the Magisk App on your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone.
- Go to the files and rename the downloaded file with the “.apk” extension to the “.zip” extension.
- Move the Magisk.zip to the internal storage of the smartphone.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy M12 by pressing Volume Down and Power Button together.
- Install TWRP from the page that comes up next.
- Locate Magisk.zip from the internal location.
- Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- That’s it!! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone.
What is Rooting?
To put it in simpler terms, Rooting is the process that allows Android users to attain Admin-level control over the OS Kernel. This further helps the user to unleash the true potential of their device’s hardware system and gives them immense flexibility to modify the system configuration to get directed and desired performance enhancement by distributing the processor concentration to a specific app or component.
Advantage of Rooting
- Customize the UI: It helps to fully customize the icons and other look-and-feel of themes for the smartphone devices like animation, gestures, etc.
- Full control of the kernel: In simpler terms, you can overclock or underclock your smartphone to get performance enhancements.
- Ability to bypass restrictions by merchants like Google.
- Task management: Extended Task Management activities.
- Performance Enhancement: Full Admin-Level control helps the user to gain access and distribute CPU’s performance towards their desired tasks so that the user can get the most out of a specific component or task.
Disadvantage of Rooting
With a lot of advantages, a few disadvantages also come up with the process of Rooting. Though most of the following points are some potential risks, we want you to be fully aware of them before you decide whether you need to Root your phone or not. So let’s address them straight away:
- The warranty goes void: As soon as you root your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone, its brand warranty goes void. So be aware of the fact that after rooting you won’t be able to claim a Warranty on your smartphone if anything goes wrong in the future.
- Risk of Bricking your smartphone: There’s a high risk that if you miss on any of the steps while Rooting your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone, it will get bricked and would enter a completely dead state.
- System updates: You won’t be receiving any further system updates from Android and Samsung.
In this article, we have tried to address all the topics associated with the rooting process of your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone. We have discussed the very fundamentals of the idea of Rooting, Advantages, Disadvantages, and Risks associated with Rooting of your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone. We have also walked you through the step-by-step rooting process in detail using which you can root your smartphone very easily.
Rooting is a very trendy topic so even if you run into any problem there are a lot of articles and YouTube tutorials available on the internet which will guide you and take you through the entire rooting process, step-by-step.
We hope we were able to address all your doubts related to rooting your Samsung Galaxy M12 smartphone.